Tuesday, October 19, 2010

THIS WEEK ONLY: 2 for 1 PHF points for online contributions to POLIO PLUS!!

QUESTIONS ABOUT TWO-FOR-ONE RECOGNITION TO BENEFIT ROTARY’S US$200 MILLION CHALLENGE OCTOBER 18-24,2010

How do I register for Member Access?
Go to www.rotary.org/memberaccess. To complete your registration, you’ll need to provide a personal e-mail address, one that isn’t shared with any other users.

How do I contribute to PolioPlus online?
The website for online contributions is www.rotary.org/contribute. The online form is in U.S. dollars
only.

Can my club treasurer donate online for our entire club?
No. Online contributions cannot be made on behalf of another individual, club, or district. To benefit from this promotion, each individual will have to personally contribute online. Corrections will not be accepted for online gifts.

May my club make an online contribution?
No. Only individuals are able to contribute online.

Why is this only for online contributions?
The strategy is to encourage Rotarians to experience the Foundation's easy-to-use online giving application, and then for Rotarians to continue to use the application. Online gifts are the least expensive contributions to process.

Do I receive a tax receipt for my contribution?
Donors will be able to print their own U.S. tax receipt at the time of donation. Donors outside the United States are not able to receive the tax benefits.
 

Why was the week of 18-24 October selected?
The week of 18-24 October was chosen in honor of World Polio Day on 24 October. This is the first time that The Rotary Foundation has offered double Paul Harris Fellow recognition points.

What amount is credited toward my club’s challenge goal?
The club will receive credit for the amount of the contribution only.

I’m already a Paul Harris Fellow. If I make a US$500 online contribution, will I become a PHF +1 and be able to name someone else a Paul Harris Fellow?
Yes.

When will I receive my double recognition?
We anticipate a high volume of online contributions in response to the two-for-one recognition opportunity. Please allow four to six weeks for the promotional recognition to appear.

How do I receive my recognition materials?
If you become a Paul Harris Fellow donor through your contribution, the recognition materials will automatically be sent to your club president.

Can I use my online contribution to name other Paul Harris Fellows? 
Yes. You will earn double recognition for yourself as well as double Foundation recognition points, which can be transferred to name other recipients as Paul Harris Fellows.

How do I name someone a Paul Harris Fellow with my online contribution?
Complete the recognition transfer form (PDF). Because it will take about four to six weeks to process and add all promotional points, please wait to submit any transfer requests until these promotional points appear on your account.

Will my online contribution of US$5,000 make me a Level 1 Major Donor?
No. Major Donor recognition is obtained when your personal giving reaches $10,000. Only the actual dollar amount of the personal contribution counts toward Major Donor recognition

No comments:

Post a Comment